MagniLink Student | FAQ
Does the software support Windows Vista and Windows 7?
Yes. MagniLink S Software is, since version 4.5, Vista compatible and since v. 6 7 compatible. All users who use version 4.0 or later can upgrade to our newest version for a small fee. With version 5, you also get other new features.
Is the software compatible with Magnification software from Dolphin, Issist and AiSquared?
Yes, our software is compatible for use together with software from Dolphin and AiSquared, both on a Windows XP and Windows Vista computer.
Wrong driver has been installed, how can I change?
The following drivers should be installed for each camera.
MagniLink Student Addition and MagniLink Student, XP - USB video device, Vista - LVI CAMERA
MagniLink S Classic - LVI Distance camera
MagniLink S OCR - LVI OCR Camera N1 V2
MagniLink S Reader - LVI Handcamera
Here's how to switch driver in Windows XP:
- Open Device in the control panel
- Click on "Image". If you have a MagniLink S Reader, and it has been completely the wrong driver, so it may instead be in the "Sound, video and game" with the name "USB 2800 Video".
- Right click on the cameratype and select "Update Driver…"
- Select "Install from a list or specific location (advanced)"
- Select "Do not search. I will choose the driver to install "
- Now see the list of drivers. Choose the right driver (see above) to your linked in camera.
- If you get a warning message, click on go.
- Click on the finish.
Here's how to switch driver in Windows Vista:
- Open the control panel and select "System and Maintenance"
- Select "System"
- Select "Device". If you get the question that your permission is required before the Windows operation can continue, select Continue.
- Click on "Image". If you have a MagniLink S Reader, and it has been completely the wrong driver, so it may instead be in the "Sound, video and game" with the name "USB 2800 Video". 5. Right click on cameratyppe and select "Update Driver…."
- Select the "Select programme for driver already on the computer"
- Select "Let me choose from a list of the drivers in the computer"
- Now see the list of drivers. Choose the right driver (see above) to your linked in camera and then click Next.
- If you get a warning message, click "Continue"
- Select Close
How do I get the latest upgrade of the MagniLink S Software?
LVI has an automatic update of the software so that the user can get the latest update within the version he is running for free via the Internet. When new versions are released they are sold separate.
What accessories are available?
LVI offers a portable reading table in A4 size, and a backpack that holds both a laptop and the Magnifying camera. If you need to scan text documents, you can buy a MagniLink S OCR, a module that is used in combination with MagniLink Student Addition. The MLS OCR concept is a new way to search and process information where you are.
Why does the system shut down when I want to switch between the image on the computor and television?
When the camera is directly linked to a computer monitor and television, the control box controls the On / Off button to start and shut down the system and to switch between computer monitor and television. In order to shut down the system, press quickly the On / Off button. The system shuts down when the button is released. If you press the button for more than 4 seconds, the image will shift between computer screen output and TV output.